These are a few simple checks that you can carry out prior to the day of your vehicle MOT testing.
- Check all lights are working correctly. Including indicators, hazard lights, headlights, side lights, brake lights, fog lights and number plate lights.
- Check your number plate is clean and legible.
- Check all tyres and wheels are road worthy. Minimum legal tread is 1.6mm.
- Check the seat adjustments work, mainly for the driver. And check ALL seat belts, fully extend each belt and check for damage. Tug each belt sharply to ensure they lock up if the brakes were applied suddenly.
- Check for damage on the windscreen and windscreen wipers, and ensure the screenwash bottle is full and functional.
- Check the horn works.
- Check your fuel, oil and other levels. There needs to be ample fuel for the emissions test to be carried out. Please do not arrive with minimum fuel to carry out these tests.
- If you have any issues or worries prior to the test, please contact us and we will guide you through.
Don't forget, an MOT test can be done up to a month early without losing any days off the certificate, as it can be post dated to twelve months after the end of your previous certificate.
Call now on 01933 222872